Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I can't believe I showered with a millipede!

So here's the story. We went snorkeling early at low tide before breakfast. It wasn't that good so we decided not to stay at it too long and instead go up for a nice breakfast, which we missed the day before due to early extended birding. When we got up to our room, the housekeeper was just starting, so we asked if we could just take a really fast shower and we would get right out of the way. Mike was done and I was in the shower just long enough to get the sand off me, rinse our suits, and notice something dark grey in the corner of the walls of the shower. I did casually mention to Mike that I thought there was something in there that I hadn't noticed before. I didn't take the time to do a thorough investigation.

So we have our nice breakfast, go back to the room and relax a little, brush our teeth, et cetera. I'm on the commode and I hear Mike talking to someone. I have poor hearing, but I was pretty sure he wasn't talking to himself, and I'm able to make out his side of the conversation, which goes something like, "do you need to get into the toilet - oh, just the shower - that's fine." The door to the toilet is right next to the shower, so at this point I hear the woman's voice saying, "I tried to get the guy because I'm afraid of it." Then I hear some noises which I imagine to be large and copious amounts of insect killer being used. I finally make my egress and inquire with Mike about the goings on. I ask, "What was it?" He tells me it was a millipede. I ask, "Did she kill it?" "No, she just used a broom and swept it out."

So all the while I'm on the toilet I'm realizing I must have been correct earlier about my suspicion of something creepy being in the shower with me, and now I'll have all day to wonder how it got in, will it be back, and how bad I'll smell if I don't shower again before leaving this place! I decided a blog entry might help me stop saying all day, "I can't believe I showered with a millipede."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment