Saturday, December 3, 2011

Okay, let's go already!

Here we sit at home tonight just waiting to go. We've eaten all the leftovers in the fridge. I made a delicious combo of veggies, chicken, gluten free pasta and pesto for lunch. Too many veggies for Mike, but I thought it was perfect. We are all packed, we have taken our first malaria pill, and now I am at the point of adding "just one more thing" to the suitcases, which is completely unnecessary.

Mike is making a list of the birds he wants to see. No list for me this time - I figure I'm going to see enough good things without a list anyway. On our trip to Trinidad and Tobago, I had one of those "I'm not leaving this island until I see . . . . " approaches, and I did see everything I wanted, but there's always more, so this time I'll see what I see and be thankful for it.

It sort of feels like Christmas Eve; if we just go to sleep, Santa will come sooner. It's going to be hard to sleep on a 15-hour flight that takes place mostly during our daytime, so instead of going to bed early tonight we will try and stay up late so we will be more tired tomorrow. I think no matter how you slice it, I'm not going to love 15 hours on a plane, but with Mike at my side, I can endure anything. (He better not be fast asleep if I'm awake.)

No comments:

Post a Comment