Saturday, December 10, 2011

We went to buy batteries . . . . .

And our walk turned into more fun than a barrel of monkeys!


We came across a big family group of vervet monkeys of all ages even down to several little babies. They were so entertaining jumping in and out of trees and wrestling each other, et cetera. Mike was good to warn me any time he turned the camera to video setting so we don't wind up with more silly narratives that I can't help but make when watching monkeys. I know many people say monkeys are quite naughty, but they sure are fun to watch. These vervet monkeys are silly like the squirrel monkeys we've seen other places, and I think now I can say the white faced cappuchin monkeys have been the least silly of the monkeys we've encountered so far. Oh, and the oddest thing about the vervet monkey is the male genitalia, bright robin's egg blue! I think our guide Max from Thonga explained where the blue comes from, but I could be wrong.

Lynn and Karen, I know how much you love monkeys too, so I'll see if we can stuff two of the babies under our coats to bring home for you to raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment