Sunday, December 4, 2011

This is George


George is one of the reasons I don't like to travel that often and for too long. George loves me sooooooo much that he hates when I'm gone. He likes Mike too, but we are super special buddies. We use a great pet sitter for him so he doesn't have to go to a kennel, but still I feel bad for him being alone.

We are at the airport lounge now. Mike is toasting half a bagel and I'm drinking lots of water. I like to hydrate well when I fly; he's having a double espressos.

Mike gave me a good laugh this morning. A few months ago I started on the "we need the right clothing and gear" kick. I talked him into a lightweight travel vest. He must have been humoring me when he agreed to buy it, because then a few weeks ago he decided it was completely stupid and he wanted nothing to do with it. When I got up this morning a little after him, there he was with his vest on looking happy as a clam. He's had a change of heart and the vest made it into the suitcase at the last minute. I'm still not convinced he's not just mocking me, which he and our daughters seem to like doing.

Okay, time to stop making fun of him as he just brought me a green tea. Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. You know, those 'I'm going on a safari' travel vests are an on-going joke with the people in Africa, especially the ones who work in the safari business. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I'm sure it looks really good on Mike and will be useful in NJ when you get back.

    ReplyDelete