Sunday, December 4, 2011

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go, I wanna be sedated

While the international flight is 15 hours, when you add in the ride to the airport, wait time and then the charter flight in South Africa, it's more like 24 hours door to door.

We put more planning into this than our Caribbean vacations. Chris kept Zappos busy, but in the end, I'm going with same style of Moccasin I've had since 2001 and the New Balances since 1978. I did agree to try the long pants that have the legs that zip off to become shorts, but they went back too.

Now, I did prepare the cameras, the laptop, and got an international Sim card for the phone. I found an ipad app for African birds and another for animals. I do want to see a hoopoe but they are pretty common. I got some extra memory for the cameras. At the last minute, I was going to buy a polarizing filter, but I really don't know what they do, so I decided to keep it simple and didn't go out for one.

It shouldn't be too bad. We upgraded to first class. On the other hand, I haven't won a game of scrabble in weeks.






Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go, I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do and no where to go, I wanna be sedated
Just get me to the airport put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane

No comments:

Post a Comment